Wednesday, December 19

This is going to be a long one

I've been keeping a diary, a proper one, that I keep up-to-date and stuff. It's really great because I can get thoughts out of my head and organise my life better, and it's just something I have been really enjoying. It also means that I can update you guys PROPERLY and post, with accurate dates, the important things I have been doing lately!

On November 2nd, I hung out with Sarah for her 18th birthday, saw Moonrise Kingdom, a really fantastic film set in the 60s, and bought Sherlock season 2 on DVD finally.
On the 3rd I slipped into pre-exam-depression, and apparently complained a lot about having to coach skating the following morning.
Emma visited on the 4th and we had a lot of fun playing on the Wii, and on the 5th I got my SD card stuck in the CD drive of my iMac, but saved it so that's okay! I also started my TARDIS dress on the 5th.
On the 6th I tried to go without the internet for a day but failed.
On the 7th I watched the election coverage and studied all day.
The 8th was filled with studying also, but with Stef and in the state library. I also got a lot of mail.
The 11th was my 20th birthday and I spent it doing things that made me appreciate life. I got up early and watched the sunrise from Brighton jetty, skyped with Suzie for a lot of the day, studied outside in the sunshine and ate a lot of birthday cake.
On the 12th Dailybooth was announced to be shutting down FOR GOOD within the week and so there is legitimately 5 pages in my diary dedicated to how sad I was about that.
On the 17th and 18th of November I went to Adelaide Supanova and met Harriet in REAL LIFE and we got along so so well it was amazing. We are truly kindred spirits and I aspire to one day live with her for an undetermined length of time because we click so well and I think it would be a crime for us to not be in the same living space at some point in our lives.
I also spent the 19th with Harriet just wandering around the city and sitting by the river chatting about everything and anything.
Skipping forward to the 25th when I left for Perth. Sitting in an aeroplane high above the world had me thinking about how simple yet complex life is, and how little I truly appreciate, and how we tend to rush past things of true beauty and don't stop to really see things... it was an enlightening thought process that I cannot put into words.
All of the time I spent in Perth was amazing and I spent a week there, with great people in great surroundings.
I also sketched a lot of people on trains or in restaurants. Check it out



I blurred out the writing on some, not because it's personal but because it distracts too much for my liking. You can try to read it if you're creepy. 
I got back home on the 4th and had been very sick (and still am) all train journey. I have been working almost every day except Mondays and Tuesdays doing Santa Photography and I am really enjoying that.

I also spent $100 on Topman christmas jumpers and $14 sending Christmas cards around the world.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas

and I might be visiting England in February. I will keep you posted! (unless I forget)

No comments: